- This event has passed.
HPC for industries an in services
30 November 2021 - 2 December 2021Free
Typology: Curiosity and interest
High Performance Computing (HPC), or high performance computing, is indispensable for the world of scientific research, but, at the same time, it is also a nerve center and enabling technology for industries that want to be at the forefront and competitive in the today’s digital world. HPC is entering companies in many industrial sectors to support product innovation processes, digitalization of services and production control.
HPC in a company can be used, for example, for:
- Speed up the design and prototyping processes by creating a virtual work environment that takes advantage of the parallelization of the computational load on high-performance hardware;
- Analysis of large amounts of data from the entire value chain;
- Execution of complex artificial intelligence algorithms to automate decision-making processes
With this course we intend to convey to companies a general, but complete, picture of HPC technologies and their functionalities so that participants can learn the necessary tools to be able to determine the real business needs by defining the critical points of their workflow and learn the methodologies of the scientific calculation to be applied in the company and the techniques to be able to optimize the software or, possibly, update the entire hardware infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of computer science.
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Interest in the use of HPC technologies
- Knowledge of the main HPC technologies and of the EU supercomputing panorama
- Knowledge of the steps for the set-up and management of the HPC infrastructure
- Knowledge of how to prepare and use application software on a supercomputer
- Ability in identifying possible optimization of business processes through simulation
- Knowledge of management and processing techniques for large amounts of Big Data using machine learning and AI