Date: 12 December 2021
Timetable: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: SIIT Via Greto di Cornigliano, 6r (Genoa)
Organiser: NCC Italia (Cineca and Leonardo)
Typology: High performance innovation
The course will go into detail on modern Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques used in research and production, focusing both on the theory behind algorithms and on practical examples run on a supercomputer. The codes that will be written and executed during the course will cover both training and predictions using artificial neural networks on a large and small scale. Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision techniques will also be analyzed.
- Skills in mathematics and linear algebra
- Knowledge of Python
- Ability to execute code on Linux machine
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Neural Networks
- Knowledge of examples of machine learning and data management algorithms
- HPC benefit knowledge for ML and AI
- Knowledge related to training and hyperparameter
- Knowledge of the concept of fine-tuning and transfer-learning for adaptation to specific cases
- Knowledge of how to run AI on HPC
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of distributed training